Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

An Ecological Analysis Of The Garden And Your Plants

Abiotic and biotic. The two things that make up everything.  Abiotic is something that is not living and  biotic is something that is alive. When discussing something about ecology is usually evolves abiotic and biotic factors.  Some abiotic factors that my plants depends on are rain, sunlight, dirt, wind, the wooden box it is in or the shovel I planted it in. Some biotic factors worms, me, other plants or caterpillars. All of these can affect how my plants ends up. Since my plant is growing it will start to form competition. One of things that it can compete with is other plants. Since all of our plant are in a certain amount of space they will defiantly compete for many things.  Like water, root space, sunlight and the nutrients in the soil.  It is really easy to see who are the winners and the losers. The plants that are greener and larger are usually the winners because they win the competition for food and nutrients.  There are also other types of relations.  One of them is where the caterpillar who usually eats my broccoli plants but this allows birds to easily eat the caterpillars. After they eat them they leave waste in the soil which the plant then takes it in again as food.  When I hear birds chirping, see worms and bugs in the soil and green plants  I know the succession is working because when we first started planting there weren't no plants or animals/bugs and now they are al over the place

No comments:

Post a Comment