Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Living Or Not

The vegetable I have planted in a broccoli. From the time I first planted it, I knew it was alive and well. The first sign was the fact that it was growing a fast rates. Even though anything can grow living or not there was also another hint. To keep it lave I had to continuously water it or the plant would die.  I also knew it was alive because animals were living and eating of my plant, but that is nit the real reason why I know it is alive.  It's because the animals ate my plant they left large holes in it, it could regrow new leaves.  The appearance of my broccoli is changing too. The leaves are huge and the stem is turning purple.  The color of the plant is also getting a dark shade of green.  The down side to my plants' leaves getting is the caterpillars are eating so much of my plant.
As you can see my plant is being devoured by pesky little caterpillars. This is a huge problem because here are so many holes in the leaves it can't get any water.  On the bottom is a picture of the cabbage moth caterpillar.  These are the bugs that eat my plant.  Luckily the broccoli can keep up with them.







No comments:

Post a Comment